New year. New bars. New drinks!
– There’s been much ado about this new, vaguely Seinfeld-ian, bar. You must have heard of George’s Bar already, named after arguably the most unlikable character iconic 90’s sitcom. The bar itself is quite loveable though with its Bloody Mary re-dubbed the Bloody George and a nifty jaffle menu. Fitzroy
– After dark on Friday and Saturday night only, Fancy Nance now turns into Zumbo Dessert Bar (with the emphasis on bar). Think of it as your new after-dinner cocktails and dessert spot. They’re got DJs and a soft-serve machine to sweeten the deal if that is even possible. South Yarra
– Of course the French Saloon, above brother-venue Kirk’s Wine Bar, focuses on French and French-ish wine. It’s tres chic in here without being stuffy. Lovely bistro food to go alongside your vin too. Melbourne CBD
– The longstanding Imperial Hotel has just opened a spacious beer garden on their sunny, city rooftop. Have you seen the perfect weather forecast this weekend? Just go. Melbourne CBD
– Are we finally embracing the “can’t someone else do it” movement? Drinks to your door services are heating up. Deliver Me Drinks can have tipples at your place within the hour. They’ll bring an emergency supply of ice and snacks too (our guardians angels). Meanwhile for something a little bit fancy, Cocktail Runner couriers DIY cocktails – devised by Melbourne bartenders – on demand. This one’s been so popular they are currently sold out. Meanwhile, if shaking it yourself is still too much effort, Melbourne Martini comes to the rescue. They tell me their pre-bottled (well, pre-jarred) espresso martinis can now be found at Railway Windsor bottle shop and Vintage Cellars.
– Taking the at-home cocktail party ot the next level is Burts Bars. They are beautiful portable bars you can rent (or buy) with names inspired by famous Burts (there are more in pop culture than you’d think). The “Reynolds” is the only bar available now but expect to see more designs soon.
Have we missed any? Opening a new Melbourne bar or unveiling a new Australian drink soon? Drop us a line at email@example.com
Zumbo Dessert Bar
Deliver Me Drinks