We’ve been trying to get everybody aboard the “beer as a legitimate cocktail ingredient” train for years. Luckily we’ve got a lot of help this Good Beer Week. There are a bunch of bars and breweries getting experimental and adding beer to the mix. Never mind the purists!
- Ease yourself into a whole new (brew?) world with an intro to multiple facets of beer cocktails at Left Bank Melbourne’s new cocktail bar (pictured, below).
- Little Hop are dabbling with ales in their drinks, calling them “Hoptails” and backing them up with a trio of tacos.
- Meanwhile Dingo’s and their friends at Club Brewing are calling their beer-laden original concoctions “Brewtails”.
- Bad Shepherd Brewing Co. are hosting a full-on, American-style breakfast (think fat stacks of flapjacks, donuts and sausages) to be washed down with their beer cocktails.
- And 1806’s intimate dinner party with Boatrocker is sure to be full of spirit and spirits.
And if cocktails aren’t your bag there are plenty more weird, wild and wonderful events to choose from;
- Good Beer Week goes sporty this year with multiple events pairing beer with bikes, bowls, decathlon and even shuffleboard and sumo.
- We’re far too lazy for the above. You can (sadly) tell we’re far more accustomed to sitting on the couch scoffing ice-cream. You too? Let’s eat beer-flavoured gelati at Arbory or drink ice-cream-flavoured beer at Grape & Grain.
- Get crafty and upcycle spent tinnies into earrings/beerings under the watchful eye of jeweller Emma grace.
SwearDrink like a sailor at Tales and Treats from the Briny Deep (poetry and oysters), Under the Sea (seafood and sand) or From Ship to Shore (a frothy, fishy feast).
- You can also eat drunken ramen spiked with sake lees – because why not?
Yep, the Good Beer Week line-up is bursting at the seams this year. All too hard to decide where to go? Maybe chuck it all in and go to GABS (the Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular) for a little bit of everything with a whole lot of beer.