Here’s who has been moving and shaking in the Melbourne bar scene in the past month.
– Setting up shop next door to St Ali is new wine bar, Smalls. Now you can happily go from morning to evening without leaving Yarra Place. South Melbourne
– If Heartbreaker is the sister bar to The Everleigh she must be adopted! Bottled cocktails in a 70s rock atmosphere. Melbourne CBD
– Plenty of wine and relaxing times to be had at new charmingly European bar Saint Urban. From the minds behind Punch Lane. Richmond
– And just down to road is yet another new wine bar in Cochin. Sip French vin alongside French-Viet bites. Richmond
– So Frenchy, so chic goodtimes have moved into the city with the opening of the second Entrecote. Expect plenty of proper Champagne and Parisian aperitifs. Melbourne CBD
– Cocktail jugs with a summertime anytime vibe to be found at new food truck park Welcome to Thornbury. Northcote
– Black Pearl has reopened after a modernising revamp. Never fear, the cocktails are still some of the best in town. Fitzroy
– The Northcote Social Club has also enjoyed the revamp treatment with Breathe Architecture “enhancing the allure of the traditional bar”. Northcote
– State of Grace have launched their very own food/drink blog “By Grace x“.
– And the musically inclined will be pleased to note that Bennetts Lane Jazz Club has suddenly risen like a phoenix to re-open in its original location for the time being. It should move to Flinders Lane next year. Melbourne CBD
Have I missed any? Opening soon? Get in touch.